Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Does Anyone Have a Tissue?

You know those girls that cry at the drop of a hat while you roll your eyes at them and wonder why they can't get a grip on their emotions? Hi, I'm one of those girls. I've been known to get all teary eyed over such things as appliance commercials and peppy show tunes. (Oh Seussical, you do it to me every time.) Any commercial that airs during the Olympics will illicit tears, as will most Hallmark ads.

We have some books that get me right there. I usually halt while I'm reading them and try to cover the fact that my voice is about to break. Peter has learned this tell-tale sign. He also remembers which books have this effect on me. Here's one of them:


Go to the library and check it out. I dare you to get through it without some deep emotion bubbling up to the surface. (Don't let the guaranteed weepiness keep you from reading this book. It's beautiful.) Whenever Peter brings me this book he'll turn to me and say "Mommy, don't cry okay?"

Don't worry, I'm stable. I'm just extremely in touch with my emotions.

No comments: