Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All Boy

At church on Sunday two different women referred to Cooper as "she". (You would think that the pants, tie, and train sweater would have been a giveaway.) So for Family Home Evening last night we talked about the importance of grooming and gave the boys haircuts. Practical, eh? The first few pictures are to show just how long Cooper's hair was, and you can kind of see Peter's shaggy hair in the background. Peter didn't have his first haircut until he was fourteen months old, and then it was just to clean up the back and the sides. Cooper, however, never lost the hair he was born with, so it's much longer than big brother's was at this age.







Cooper was a very good sport. He only freaked out right at the end, so we were pretty much done anyway. A friend taught me how to cut Peter's hair when he was little, but I didn't want to get close to our very squirmy Cooper's head with anything sharp and shiny. And so I forayed into the world of clippers. Overall, it was successful. Not perfect by any means, but not bad for my first go.




He totally looks like a boy. I mean, he did before too (when I told Bryan that Cooper had been mistaken for a girl he said "He'd be a pretty ugly girl. He's a really cute boy, but not a girl.") I would include a picture of Peter's haircut but we had a, uh, sideburn incident. Meaning that he doesn't have them anymore. Oh well, they'll grow back, right?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LeMira said...

Girl?! Are you serious? I guess maybe someone somewhere likes to dress a girl in a tie and collared shirt instead of a cute, frilly dress for church. Maybe. Someone. Somewhere.

I've been cutting Jackson's hair ever since he was Cooper's age, too. So much less traumatic than going to the barber.

TheMoncurs said...

Oh man, that last picture is killer. The cheeks!!

The Stells! said...

lol i always think that's so funny, Jackie would get called a boy when she was in a pink dress with bows on her head people just dont pay attention

Jordan said...

Sideburns are a type of facial hair, so unless you shave Peter regularly, too, they weren't sideburns (and since I can't grow decent sideburns, for the sake of my machismo, I hope he can't either).