- I've decided not to "ax" anyone's blog from my Google Reader. I reread that today and reallized that it sounded kind of mean. And luckily some people post very infrequently.
- The exercise group went well on Friday. The other moms brought their kids and Peter made fast friends with another little boy. They were the big kids of the group, which was kind of weird for me. The workout was a DVD of kick-boxing. It was only twenty minutes long but there were a few moments that I was afraid I might die. Pesky asthma makes that kind of exercise tough. But I lived. Then a few other women in the ward came and put in a Salsa workout DVD. THAT was fun. I think I'll be joining them again. And I bought some pants at Costco that hopefully won't fall off as I'm jumping around. (The ones I wore on Friday didn't fall off either, but, boy, I was afraid they were going to.)
- Peter asked me today when we were going to have another baby. It's starting to make me nervous. Cooper's not even one yet. I just told him "Not for a while."
- My grandma had fun on her cruise. Oh, and I forgot to add that she texts too. I know people my age that can't do that.
- I have been working hard to pay closer attention when Bryan speaks. My minds still tends to wander, but I'm trying to keep it from wandering too far. Also, Bryan is my official proof-reader, so he knew that I was writing about how I don't always pay attention to him.
- I bought a flat-iron. I've only used it twice, but my hair does look shinier.
- I haven't put up a picture of my bangs yet because after we cut them I discovered a problem. Much like my mom, grandma, brother, and youngest child, I have a cowlick in the front of my hair. Why hadn't I ever noticed that before? Anyway, the bangs refuse to lay flat, but I've been in negotiations with them and I think maybe we'll come to an understanding.
- Did anybody catch the musical theatre reference in the title of the Pinching Pennies post?
- Cooper is starting to sleep better. It's been taking less than an hour for him to be asleep. He still cries, but not for very long. After that he kind of sings and talks to himself. We've added an aspect to the bedtime routine. We've been putting my MP3 player by his bed and playing The Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus. That seems to help calm him down a little.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The Spirit of Posts Past
So as not to leave you wondering about some of the things I've written about lately, here's an update:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy super informative post, batman! :) Loved it - sounds like things are really going positively! And I'm ashamed that I don't get the musical theater reference...shoot! We should plan a February get-together, no? Any chance Bryan would ever let you do a girls' night out? :) My mom's here at the end of the month, but other than that and Valentine's weekend, I think I/we are fairly open...lemme know!
I am glad that the exercise group went well on Friday. You are so funny that you would be worried about that. Your grandma sounds like an awesome woman!
I just have to say that I am enjoying getting to know you so much better through your blog. Thanks for letting me into your world. :)
Post a Comment