Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lysdexia

Dyslexia runs in my family. That is the first thing I thought when Peter showed me his refrigerator-magnet name. The second thought I had was, wait, he's three, and he basically just spelled his name.

I think I'll withhold worrying about a dyslexia diagnosis until after he can, you know, read.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm really impressed, actually! And hey, all he had wrong was the little stick on the R should be moved to the P. (What a cool name; I never noticed that before -- practically a palindrome.)

My life in a blog said...

The funny thing is that preschoolers often look at letters like we look at a chair. It's a chair no matter what way it is facing. Give him a few years, he'll figure out the left to right direction! That's pretty cute though!

Jordan said...

Interesting. Lysdexia would be a Spoonerism, but it properly evokes the right response from the reader.