Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Case of Emergency

Last night for Family Home Evening we read a story from this month's Friend about being prepared in case of an emergency. For part of our activity we talked about what to do if the smoke alarm goes off. I actually demonstrated what he should do by lying on the ground and yelling out "Mommy, Daddy, I'm in the dining room!"

We also had Peter memorize my phone number by making it into a song. And we wanted to make sure that he knew our real names, not just Mom and Dad.

Bryan: Peter, what's Mommy's name?

Peter: Mommy

Me: What's my real name?

Peter: Margot

Me: That's right. And what's Daddy's real name?

Peter: Sweetie.

Maybe I should call him Bryan more...

3 comments:

Cristin said...

This is a great idea.

Yeah, the other day I heard Luke yell at me across the house, "Honey!!" I think we should use our real names too.

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

haha that's awesome! totally cute!

Beth said...

This is totally cute. And your header is cute, too (I may be embarrassing myself by saying so, because I have no idea how old it is!)

Logan knows our names and will occasionally call us by them. LOL