Have you heard about Natasha Richardson? She's the actress who played Lindsay Lohan's mom in the remake of The Parent Trap. She was skiing a few days ago, having a beginning level lesson, when she fell and hit her head on the snow. An hour later she complained of a headache and went to the ER. She passed away on Wednesday of a blunt impact to the head. She bled into her brain. And she walked around and talked to people while it was happening.
First, I think this is really sad, mostly because she was a wife and a mother. But second, this whole scenario freaks me out. I'm fairly clumsy. That means that sometimes I fall over. You know who else falls over? Peter and Cooper. A lot. Both boys currently have matching bruises on their foreheads from totally separate accidents. The scariest part? She had a headache, that's how they knew something was wrong. There was no obvious injury.
I'm a vigilant parent, a helicopter parent, a neurotic parent. But my boys still hit their heads. And ever since I heard about Natasha Richardson's accident, I've been wondering how to keep all craniums whole.
Peter likes to wear his helmet. Maybe we should make that a permanent practice. You think I'm joking, don't you? I am. Mostly.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have also had similar freaked out feelings since hearing this story.
I heard a story about a kid who drowned 10 hours after he went swimming. He inhaled a bunch of water and it happened slowly. That is also very freaky.
Post a Comment