Monday, March 3, 2014

Blue Skies Smiling At Me

We were warned when we moved here that the rain would be unlike anything we had previously experienced. While I think that's an exaggeration, it definitely rains a lot. I looked at the ten day forecast last Friday and saw that it was expected to rain every day.

As we ate lunch today I noticed that the sky was clearing. I have the habit of opening all the blinds, no matter what the weather is like outside. It was a pleasant surprise to see some blue sky between the clouds. I decided that if the rain would stop long enough, we would walk to get the boys from school.

And we did.


We stopped at the park on the way back. Phoebe was wearing her Pacific Northwest-appropriate footwear, so I told her to go ahead and enjoy the puddle. If you look closely, you can see the boys in the background sitting and waiting for us.

No comments: