Monday, March 17, 2014

The Luck o' the Irish

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with green pancakes,


green apples,


and green eggs.


Oh, and with everyone staying home sick. Peter had a slight case of pink eye yesterday so we kept him home today. Cooper ran a fever on Saturday and therefore missed church yesterday. He seemed sniffly and his eyes were a little red when he woke up so I kept him home. Within a few hours he had developed the worst case of pink eye I've ever seen.

Bryan took him to the doctor and Cooper is now on antibiotics (for an ear infection, the likely source of the fever) and eye drops. He barely touched his dinner and was asleep on the couch by 6:30. He woke up at 9:40 feeling hungry and ready for some pain reliever. After some ibuprofen and a snack, he's feeling a little better. His eyes still look terrible and he won't be going to school tomorrow, but at least he feels better.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Sorry the family isn't feeling well. I had pink eye when I was 13 and had to feel my way to the bath room and soak my eyes open in the morning. Not fun!