I haven't chronicled the potty training process with Phoebe the way I did with the boys. Perhaps it's because we never really labeled it. Before school started last year she asked if she could stop wearing diapers. I said yes, but waited until the boys were in school so I could focus my attention on her a little more. She got to pick out princess underwear (of course); she stays dry almost every night, and she is dry most days as well. She's had lots of success.
Mostly.
We've come to a problem recently. She refuses to use the bathroom. She swears up and down that she doesn't need to go, that she can hold it. And really she can hold it for many hours. But she thinks that being potty trained means you can hold it indefinitely. I can't seem to be able to convince her otherwise.
Everyday I remind her that she needs to go and each day she says she doesn't. I've also tried the tactic of not saying anything and letting her figure it out herself. Did I mention that I've cleaned up two accidents today? Yeah, that's not working too well either.
Phoebe is a strong willed girl, which will serve her well if she channels it the right way. But I'm afraid that this is not a good use of that character trait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do princess hold it? Or have accidents? I don't think so!
Post a Comment