Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Cop-Out Post 2.0

Nearly five years ago (wowzers!) I wrote about cop-out posts. They were easy posts, usually a picture of the boys (because this was in the days before I had girls) or weird and funny movies from the internet. They could be thrown onto the blog with little to no thought so I could continue with my goal to post something every weekday.

I realized recently that the blog is now almost exclusively cop-out posts. Between staying up to feed Sophie, taking a little time to prepare my house for the next day's chaos, and knowing that the big kids will be awake much earlier than I would like, my time to blog has been cut down to ten minutes a day, if I'm lucky. If I could master one handed typing perhaps I could spend more time on the writing, but I prefer using both hands.

Here's the other dilemma I face: I now have an abundance of cop-out material. And at the same time, it's not cop-out stuff at all. The funny things that the kids say and the cute pictures I take are things that I want to remember. Now that there are four kids, I have trouble narrowing down what I'm going to use. My own thoughts have been taking a backseat to the funnies that spill from the mouths of the small people that live at my house.

And given my current workload and my desire to make sleep a priority (because when mama's tired, everybody's unhappy), I don't see that changing much anytime soon.

3 comments:

Marc R. said...

We love your pictures and your anecdotes. We also love your thoughts. Get the sleep you need, but continue to keep us updated.

Crystal said...

I love the stories you share! I love the pictures too. Please keep doing what you have been doing. Your blog often makes me smile, and sometimes I actually laugh out loud. Reading your blog is a great way to begin the day.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love the cast of characters please continue the drama. It's the only soap opera that I watch.